Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday

Today was the day retailers hoped to make enough profit to push them into the black for the year. Shoppers were hoping to score amazing deals.

Don't you find it kind of ironic that the day after we thank God for all the blessings and wealth we enjoy that we rush out to buy more stuff; stuff that most don’t need. I like to call this “shoppers gluttony.”  When I see news videos of shoppers brawling over some thing, it brings to mind similar videos of people fighting for food rations after some natural disaster. That is understandable to me. They are fighting for the survival of their families. The shopping spectacle makes me feel sick and ashamed. I hope they have the decency to feel ashamed of their actions.

So, how are you feeling tonight? I hope you had delicious food and a time of fellowship with family or friends on Thanksgiving Day. I hope you have much to be thankful for. And I hope if you went shopping in the wee hours of the morning on Friday you found the bargains you were searching for and didn’t end up in jail over the newest ibox, iphone, or whatever “i” thing you were longing for.

I hope you have the most important “I” of all. “Jesus saith unto him I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh to the Father, but by me.” John 14:6.KJV

No material possession means anything if you don’t know the one who spoke those words some 2,000 years ago. They are still true. Oh, and by the way, it's free to all. 

Now that’s a bargain worth sharing. It comes to you as a result of the first Black Friday.

I would love to have your feedback on this topic.

Wishing you peace, love and healthy eating through this holiday season.



1 comment:

  1. Connie, I am so with you on the extra "stuff". Wishing you a happy Christmas season -- Sandy

    ReplyDelete